Circulation Research is a forum for the highest quality research pertaining to basic cardiovascular biology that uses state-of-the-art approaches to illuminate mechanisms of human disease, along with translational and clinical research that yields fundamental insights that advance our understanding of the basis of disease and the mechanism of therapies. The editors and editorial office will work to process and review your manuscript as quickly as possible, with the average editorial decision received in less than 48 hrs and decision for a full reviewed manuscript received in <21 days.
Online submission is required for Circulation Research. Please go to http://circres-submit.aha-journals.org and follow the detailed instructions located on our online submission Web site. We have provided below some additional tips to aid in the manuscript submission process.
The Editors of Circulation Research do not respond to respond to pre-submission inquiries for original research. Potential authors are encouraged to visit http://circres.ahajournals.org/ to read published articles. Authors should submit their manuscripts for formal peer review after following all of the guidelines listed in the Instructions to Authors.
Basic Manuscript Guidelines
A full list of guidelines can be found in the Manuscript Preparation section. In general, please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting your files:
- Cover Letter: A cover letter explain how your manuscript would be a good fit for the journal is required for submission. Please include any additional information or instructions for the editor in your cover letter.
- Manuscript Text File: For a first submission, please upload the manuscript text (including the Title Page, Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgments, Sources of Funding, Disclosures. References, Tables and Figure legends) as an MS Word file. Basic requirements include:
- Manuscripts must be single-spaced, including references and figure legends, using Times New Roman or Arial, font size 11. Leave 1-inch margins on all sides, and number all pages—including Figures with legends and Tables.
- The Abstract must be organized in four sections: Rationale (the reason for doing the study); Objective (the purpose of the study); Methods and Results (brief description of methods and presentation of results); Conclusions (interpretation and significance of the observations, emphasizing new information). Abstract length is limited to 300 words.
- References should be cited in numerical order according to first mention in the text. References are included in the word limit.
- Figures: For initial review, it is preferred that each figure and its corresponding legend should be presented together on its own page within a single PDF. Full resolution figure files are not required at initial submission; figures for review can be uploaded as a single PDF or part of a complete manuscript PDF. We encourage all authors to keep the figure PDF to <10 MB.
- Online Supplement: The Online Supplement should be uploaded as a complete PDF file containing all supplemental text and figures; video files and large datasets in Excel file format can be uploaded separately.
- Additional Supplemental Materials for Review: Be sure to include with your submission any overlapping publications or previously published abstracts, along with a copy of any submitted or in press references mentioned in the manuscript.
Revised and resubmitted manuscripts must also be submitted online; emailed revisions and resubmissions will not be processed. Please include a detailed Response to Reviewers. When submitting a revision, all authors will be asked to complete the copyright transfer agreement/licenseing and disclosure form online.
Online Submission Process
All new manuscripts and revisions can be submitted online at http://circres-submit.aha-journals.org. The 4 steps of the online submission process are as follows:
- Upload Files
- Submission files can be uploaded individually or by using the new drag and drop feature. Once uploaded, files should be labeled and you will have the opportunity to merge the manuscript and figure files into a single PDF for review.
- Manuscript Info
- Title, Running Title, and Abstract: These items can be copied directly from the manuscript. Please note that some article types do not require an abstract.
- Author Information: There are 3 ways to enter author names: completing an Excel file author info template; a bulk look up of author email addresses; or manually searching the database or entering author info.
- Key Words: Please select 3-5 Keywords that most closely describe the content of your manuscript.
- Subject Terms (revisions only): Please select 1-5 Subject Terms that most closely describe the broad subject area of your manuscript. These terms will be used to collect your article if accepted.
- Detailed Information: Conflict of Interest/Disclosure; Clinical Trial Registration; Dual Publication Disclosure; optional Manuscript Comment.
- Copyright & Licensing (revisions only): During the revision submission process, all authors must complete the electronic Conflict of Interest and Copyright Transfer Agreement/Open Access License forms.
- Financials (revisions only): Publication Charge Acknowledgement & Public Access Policy Funding Disclosure
- Author Reviewer Suggestions: Authors can provide up to 10 possible reviewers or exclude up to 3 reviewers.
- Review Material
- Review Manuscript Files: This screen allows the author to verify that the manuscript has been uploaded and converted to the PDF format correctly.
- Review Manuscript Date: This screen asks the author to correct, review, and approve the information entered as part of the submission process.
- Submit Manuscript
- This screen is the final step of the submission process. The system will check to make sure everything is completed before the manuscript is submitted. If the manuscript is ready for submission, you will see a link allowing you to "Approve Submission." Otherwise, it will ask that you modify your submission to fulfil all submission requirements.
|Instructions for Authors|